The strong thoughtful and educational character observed in the 1st and 2nd MITsp is repeated in this 3rd edition.
The Critic Views and Educational Activities are renewed in the intention of enhancing the encounter between the audience and the creative work, encouraging deep and critical thinking and providing opportunities for international and Brazilian artists to exchange experiences.
Curator: Maria Fernanda Vomero
The axis Educational Activities will host several encounters between international and Brazilian artists for experience exchange. The initiatives allow the professionals from invited theater companies to share their methods of creation and their views on the contemporary scene. To the Brazilian artists, these encounters are an opportunity for major learning with prominent figures of the art world.
- Artistic residency with the director Yuri Butusov.
The Russian director of The Seagull, presented in the MITsp 2015, returns to São Paulo to offer, over three weeks, a creative workshop primarily aimed at professional actors. The proposal is to develop a short stage experiment, which will be presented to the public at the end of the residency. It is, therefore, a teaching and learning process and not a production preparation. The residency begins on February 12th with 20 participants. Between the 12th and 13th, Butusov will make a series of improvisations and then choose the actors to work with in the following three weeks. The starting point of the process is a piece of Chekhov (Uncle Vanya or Ivanov); it is recommended that applicants know these texts and have full availability for the residency. Target audience: professional actors. Selection: brief CV and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by email. Submissions from January 29th to February 9th. Results February 11th. Applications closed.
The Russian director Yuri Butusov, of The Seagull, presented in the MITsp 2015, returned to São Paulo to offer three weeks of an artistic residency to professional actors, which were selected in two stages. It was, therefore, a teaching and learning process. The result of this creative workshop, which started on February 16, is a stage experiment based on monologues and scenes of Uncle Vanya by Anton Chekhov.
With: Ana Carolina Godoy, Lena Roque, Luciana Canton, Marco Biglia, Pedro Felicio, Raphael Teixeira, Rodrigo Fidelis, Silvana Stein.
Assistant director: Maurice Perussi.
Lighting and production: Carlos Manuel.
Support: Maria Fernanda Vomero, Maria Nikolaeva and Sergio Bellucci.
Thanks to: Gustavo Leal and the SESC Ipiranga team.
Day March 5th, time tbc. Location: SESC Ipiranga – Shed.
- Mini Residency with Teatro de Narradores (Storytellers Theater), of Vodou City.
Target audience: actors, directors, set designers, lightning designers and theater students. 10 participants. Selection: brief CV and letter of interest by e-mail to email@example.com. Applications until March 5th. Result: March 8th.
March 10 to 12, from 14h to 18h, followed by the show City Vodou (preferably, the participants shall watch the show every residency day). Location: Vila Itororó Canteiro Aberto (Itororó Open Village Site).
- Workshop with the Congolese dancer and choreographer Faustin Linyekula, of The Cargo (Le Cargo) Target audience: dancers, performers and actors. 20 participants. Selection: brief CV and letter of interest by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications: February 08 to 20. Result: February 29th . Applications Closed.
March 13th, from 11h to 14h. Location: Tusp
- Workshop with the Greek dancer and choreographer Dimitris Papaioannou, of STILL LIFE. Target audience: dancers. 20 participants. Selection: brief CV and letter of interest by e-mail to email@example.com. Applications: from February 08 to 20. Result: February 29th. Applications closed. • Workshop with the Greek dancer and choreographer Dimitris Papaioannou, of STILL LIFE. Target audience: dancers. 20 participants. Selection: brief CV and letter of interest by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications: from February 08 to 20. Result: February 29th. Applications closed.
March 6th from 10h to 13h. Location: Tusp
- Workshop on theater technical creation, focusing on lighting. With the Polish lighting designer and assistant director Katarzyna Luszczyk of (A)pollonia. Target audience: lighting design students and young professionals. 20 participants. Selection: brief CV and letter of interest by email to email@example.com. Applications until March 7th. Result: March 10th
- March 13th from 10h to 13h. Location: SP Escola de Teatro (SP Drama School).
- Class-conference with the Belgians Kris Defoort, Nicolas Thys and Lander Gyselinck, musicians of An Old Monk. Target audience: musicians, percussionists, music directors, actors, performers and interested public in general. Up to 50 participants. Selection: brief CV and letter of interest by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications until March 6th . Result: March 8th.
March 11th from 10h30 to 13h30. Local: CCSP (São Paulo Cultural Center) –Adoniran Barbosa room.
- Masterclass with the French set designer Eric Soyer, of Cie. Louis Brouillard. Set and lighting designer for numerous directors and choreographers of the contemporary European scene, Soyer collaborates with playwright and director Joël Pommerat since 1997, a partnership that remains today, after a repertoire of twenty shows, many of them award-winning. At the conference, he will speak about two fundamental aspects of the scenic creation: space and light. Target audience: set designers, directors, actors and light technicians. Up to 130 participants. No selection; prior registration by email to email@example.com.
March 7th at 10h30. Location: Itaú Cultural.
- Round table on technical creation in the theater: the light on / in / of the scene. With Alessandra Domingues, Beto Bruel and Guilherme Bonfanti. Mediator: Francisco Turbiani. Target audience: directors, light designers, light operators, theater students and interested public in general. Up to 50 participants. No selection; free entry. prior registration by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 5th from 10h30 to 13h30. Location: SESC Consolação.
- Round Table on production: the case of LOD Music Theater in Flanders, Belgium, with director Hans Bruneel and artistic director Valérie Martino. Mediator: Ferdinando Martins. Target audience: theater and music producers, actors, directors and public in general. Up to 50 participants. No selection; free entry. prior registration by e-mail to email@example.com.
March 12th from 10h30 to 13h30. Location: SESC Consolação.
- Process Opening with Núcleo Bartolomeu de Depoimentos: Brazil-Poland meetings, attended by the Polish director Radoslaw Rychcik. March 9th , at 17h. Location: Arena Theatre. Canceled activity.
- Process Opening with the dancer and choreographer Cristian Duarte: Laboratory Ó. March 08 to 12, at 21h. Location: Casa do Povo. know more >>>